Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index Northern Illinois APRS Network
Home discussion group for NIAN

CalendarCalendar   HelpHelp   Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar
Help Kpc-3 v7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuning  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Help Kpc-3 v7 Reply with quote

I
I want to make digipeater withe my KPC-3 V7
Dose work whithe V7 ????

MY Ingles is not very good !!!!!
PORTUGAL

Tanks Confused
ka9vnv  
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, to the best of my knowledge the digipeat fuctions of the version 7 software are the same as Kantronic's version 6 software. You are limited by the software to being able to handle 2 aliases, in addition to the normal call sign.

In the old days of APRS, "RELAY" and "WIDE" were all you needed, and that might be the case in Portugal today, but most areas with an active APRS network need to have support of more advanced features. And, unfortunately, the KPC-3 is expensive to upgrade to those features, since there is no free alternative software, like aprsdigi for the TNC-2.

If two aliases is sufficient for your network, you can program them into the MYALIAS and MYNODE calls, as in:

Code:
MYNODE WIDE
MYALIAS RELAY

I have experimented in the past with using the MYPBBS call, but it was not workable. I do not remember why. Those experiements were done with the version 6.0 software, however, and the v7 software might have fixed that.

If you have an old computer you can connect to the TNC, you can run it in KISS mode under the control of one of the digipeater software programs available for DOS or Linux. That would give it all of the features a more advanced APRS digipeater has, at the cost of additional electricity to run the computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations All times are
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: Help Kpc-3 v7 :: View next topic
Jump to: