Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index Northern Illinois APRS Network
Home discussion group for NIAN

CalendarCalendar   HelpHelp   Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar
wb9woz-15 parameters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wb9woz  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: wb9woz-15 parameters Reply with quote

I will be changing the parameters to wb9woz-15, and would like some input.
The proposed changes will be

Alias IL2-2,IL2-1
UIdigicall wide1-1,wide4-4,wide5-5,wide6-6
UItrace IL,wide

relay will be dropped in favor of wide1-1

bruce
wb9woz
KK9H  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce,

I know that your digi is different from the KPC-3+ type of digi that I am familiar with, but why wouldn't you enter your changes this way:

Alias RELAY (optional, give people time to change, still supports travellers passing through town for a while)

UIdigicall WIDE4-4,WIDE5-5,WIDE6-6,WIDE7-7

UIflood IL

UItrace WIDE

Making Alias IL2-2,IL2-1 seems to duplicate what you have entered in UItrace.

Don
wb9woz  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: re:wb9woz-15 parameters Reply with quote

Maybe I misunderstood what IL-ARES was requesting in the link http://www.qsl.net/ares-il/APRS.html

I'll leave RELAY in for awile, if thats what users want. The only downside is the digi has about a 25 mile radius for mobile coverage, overlapping Winettka and University Park.

Alias of IL and CHICAGO have been supported since the site changed to uidigi firmware last year.
KK9H  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I had not yet seen the http://www.qsl.net/ares-il/APRS.html

Their recommendation differs slightly from WB4APR's in that he tells people to put their state identifier in the UIflood parameter, WIDE in UItrace and WIDE4-4......WIDE7-7 in UIdigi. The ARES directions tell you to put two specific paths, IL2-2 and IL2-1, in UIdigi. Both will work, but they will work differently. This link is what WB4APR recommends for UIDIGI, UIFLOOD and UITRACE.

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/kpc3+WIDEn.txt

As far as keeping RELAY or dropping it, you have an excellent point. It will be left up on W9AZ-15 and NS9RC for a while then dropped. With those two digi's you really don't have to have RELAY on your digi if you prefer not to.

Lastly, WB4APR recommends that mobiles use either WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 or WIDE2-2 or (in our case) IL2-2. You want to be sure your digi is compatible with each of these paths.

Don
wb9woz  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: wb9woz-15 parameters Reply with quote

I updated the parameters today. Let me know if it seems to be working.

Thanks
bruce
AB9FX  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What is now, all paths should be traced SSn-n as well as WIDEn-n.
In UIDIGIrom should be:

UIFloodCall = IL
UIFLOODOptions = 1

UITraceCall = WIDE

So, every packet will be marked with WB9WOZ-15.
In UIDIGIrom duplicate checking works correct. For this reason, if packet is repeated because of RELAY and than comes again from W9AZ-15 or from another digi is ignored. We do not have to be worry about RELAY and unneeded repeating. Problem is for KPC3+ 8.2 8.3, there is no dupe checking for calls in UIDIGI command.
Of course dupe checking in UIDIGIrom works for all aliases in UIDigiFlood, UIDigiTrace and UIDigiCall, and should be set as:

DuplicateSuppression = 30

There is some bug in UIDIGIrom and we need WIDE1-1 in UIDigiCall. This way WIDE1-1 will be turned out to WB9WOZ-15* Otherwise would be WIDE1 (without *) what blocks next step in the path. The bug in UIDIGIrom should be fixed that WIDE1-1 is turned out to WIDE1* what allows packet to do next steps of own path. If we had this fixed we would let UITraceCall = WIDE manage WIDE1-1 (this way dupes are omited in KPC3+).
What I think, for UIDigiCall should be as (RELAY just temporary for compatibility):

UIDigiCall = RELAY, WIDE1-1, WIDE7-7, WIDE6-6, WIDE5-5, WIDE4-4
UIDIGICallSubstitution = 1

In such configuration there is limit for WIDEn-n if n>3 and SSn-n works as ILn-n, so in the commentary should be W3,ILn.
73!
Andy AB9FX
wb9woz  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: wb9woz-15 parameters Reply with quote

Here are the parameters as they stand right now.

UIDIGIcall = wide1-1,wide4-4,wide5-5,wide6-6
UIDIGICallSubstitution = 1

UIFloodCall = IL
UIFLOODOptions = 1

UITraceCall = WIDE

DuplicateSuppression = 25

The last parameter has been discussed at length on the uidigi usergroup list. 25 seems to be ok for heavier traffic areas.

These may still need some tweaking, time will tell.

Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations All times are
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: wb9woz-15 parameters :: View next topic
Jump to: