Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index Northern Illinois APRS Network
Home discussion group for NIAN

CalendarCalendar   HelpHelp   Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar
IL Digis
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KK9H  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: WB9WOZ-15 offline Reply with quote

I sent Bruce an email about his digi and he said he would take a look at it on Monday. At this point we can only hope that it is nothing serious. I have also temporarily set NS9RC to W2 status.

73, Don KK9H
ka9scf  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: W2 reduces number of stations Reply with quote

Hi All,

It appears that the W2 only works. The number of stations that are more than 100 miles from me were reduced to about 5 or so and basically become more frequent in band openings. My TH-D7 has 40 slots for stations and now when operating with the 2500 mile position limit, I get 10 to 15 station rollover instead of the entire list. It'll more interesting to see this when no W3 gets passed at all.

How's everyone's ALOHA radius?

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.

PS. It looks like WB9WOZ-15's PS died. It will get replaced.
Robbie  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Aloha Circle Reply with quote

Pat and all,

Since you asked, Smile I have at this moment, 128 stations.. My Aloha Circle is 117 "miles", not km The new WIDEn-N has shown a marked improvement overall as far as I am concerned..

I have a 16' Butternut 2 meter verticle on top of a 50' tower, so I hear a lot of APRS stations direct as well as the digipeated ones. I have a lot more "free" time on the receiver since the ILn-N and Wn-N was implimented...

Many thanks go to all the Sysops of the big WIDE area digipeaters.

Good work guys and thanks!

Robbie

Signed
Robbie, wa9inf
n9ij  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Y'all. I had forgotten about this forum and am catching up.

I do want to extend a BIG thanks to Don, KK9H, for his efforts toward the area network. We had become a hodge-podge of personally supported digi's with no real wide-area plan. Don jumped in and first offered to tweak the N9IJ-10 digi then rejuvenated the whole setup. He's made decisions that can't help but improve the system. I had pretty much given up on the eventuality of having HT-tracker capability throughout Lake County but we may get there yet.

I have two MaxTracks, a KPC-3, and a KAM-E that can be used at suitable sites for WIDE1-1's. I wonder just how many old 2-meter rigs and older WIDEn capable TNC's are languishing in junk boxes out there that could become dedicated WIDE1-1's?

Signed
Len Revelle
My Career Goal is to Retire
ka9scf  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: WB9WOZ-15 back up Reply with quote

KA9SCF-15 has returned to W1/ILn. It seems that WOZ-15 is responding to RELAY and WIDE. It's harmless at this point but it doesn't support ILn. Good to see it back on the air.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.
KK9H  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Area digis seem to be working well Reply with quote

Hi all,

I think the Chicago area APRS coverage is pretty good. The area's digis seem to all be converted to WB4APR's "new paradigm" and, excluding a band opening, the network seems to handle the APRS traffic smoothly.

What do you think?

Don
ka9scf  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Operations in Chicago is good. Reply with quote

I haven't noticed any strange behavior since the handful of recent changes. The traffic is definitely improved over 2 years ago. There are still WIDE3 handling issues. Once those get addressed, it'll be even quieter. Keep up the good work.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations All times are
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: IL Digis :: View next topic
Jump to: