Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index Northern Illinois APRS Network
Home discussion group for NIAN

CalendarCalendar   HelpHelp   Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar
Anyone using a TT4?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC9NVN  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Anyone using a TT4? Reply with quote

I've got a TT4 that I'm having troubles with. I think I am receiving data since it looks like I'm igating it out. But I sure don't see data being received by anyone...

And I cannot make it talk to my D7 directly.

Does anyone know if the TT4 should be in TONES or TEXT mode? Or something else like KISS? Anyone have the list of settings to use?

I've been fighting with this for a couple of weeks and am looking for new insight in where to try.

Thanks!
Norman
ka9vnv  
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to get the TT4's signal to be received by the D7, vice-versa, or both directions?
Signed
Jeff Brenton KA9VNV

---
"It is not at all simple to understand the simple." - Eric Hoffer
KC9NVN  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both would be the end result, hopefully. What I would like to do is be able to be seen on aprs.fi during my walks around the neighborhood. But I"m having a lot of problems seeing the home station (KC9NVN) - at least it doesn't show up in the D7's LIST screen.

And when I look for "Stations which heard KC9NVN directly on radio ? 2010-04" on aprs.fi, nothing recent is seen.

But several stations are shown in "Stations heard directly by KC9NVN ? 2010-04" So it seems like I'm transmitting. And the graph pagh (on aprs.fi) shows I'm "sending RF packets to APRS.IS". But nothing other than my 2/hour RF beacon packets are getting out to other stations.

Since the D7 is less than 100' from the antenna, I hope that the two can talk between each other.

I don't know if there is a path issue or I'm not understanding how APRS works at all. I know when I walk at lunch in Monroe, my path can been seen by KB9WZM-10. From there it looks like KB9WZM-10 is sending the packet to KC9NVN and I route it to APRS.IS.

The whole thing is frustrating and confusing; maybe it is working as it should and I don't realize it. But when I take the D7 for a walk, I don't see a steady stream of packets; just the occasionally packet hitting another radio (besides KC9NVN) and being bounced back to KC9NVN for gating to APRS.IS

Any thoughts?
Norman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations All times are
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: Anyone using a TT4? :: View next topic
Jump to: