Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index Northern Illinois APRS Network
Home discussion group for NIAN

CalendarCalendar   HelpHelp   Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar
9600 APRS on UHF coming soon.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AB9FX  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've set up experimental digi/igate on 441.075 with my TS-2000, so this is only for tests. TNC built-in the TS-2000 seems to work pretty good with 9600. I run AGWPE with my regular port 1 on 144.390, 1200bps (TNC-X) on FT-1500; port 2 is with sound card on 10.151, 300bps on TS-2000 main band; and port 3 is with TNC built-in TS-2000 on 441.075, 9600bps.
For digipeating and cross-gating I use AGWUIDigi (except 144.390 my regular setup W1 on UI-View) with following aliases/limits:
- port 3, digi - W3
- port 3 cross-digi to port 1 - W3
- port 2, HFGate to port 1 - GATE
- port 2, HFGate to port 3 - GATE
Unfortunately, AGWUIDigi can not handle ILn-n, so I use only WIDEn-n alias for 9600 UHF.

73!
Andy
KC9KKO  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Southern (Grundy) UHF APRS Proposed Operation Reply with quote

I've looking to set up experimental UHF APRS in Grundy County.
Lat 41.357299 Lon 88.444937 @640' above sea level

I would like to use my Kenwood 35w UHF rig to run it.

Is there someone that might want to coordinate the DIGI channel that we put it up on.

It sounds like 441.075 is the preferred simplex channel for UHF APRS.

Just getting started planning this experiment, so advise us accordingly so we can look at extending UHF APRS to the south.

73!

KC9KKO
..jpw
KA9FLX  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: UHF Digi Reply with quote

Pat, All,

Now that the holidays are over, we are getting back on track here in SW Cook County. We agree with the frequency choice, and will be doing some testing ourselves at 9600 in the near future.

Therefore, if all who have expressed interest in this would continue to post their status, it would be helpful.

Likewise, it would be helpful to know what equipment and/or software everybody is planning on utilizing. Perhaps if it were possible to use a template, there could be advantages for the network performance overall as it gets built out.

Thanks & 73,
Bob - KA9FLX
KC6VVT  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: 9600 APRS on UHF coming soon Reply with quote

While this thread appears to have died, appreciate the efforts and the information.

I have a KPC-9612 and a D4-10 UHF tranceiver that has two crystals slots, with one that was crystaled only for 430.55 MHz, the other vacant.

The KPC-9612 second port is on 144.390 monitoring RF off the air.

The combination works well on VHF as well as this UHF frequency, and have tested it as a local gate, monitoring with the KW TS-2000 and its internal TNC at 9600 rate on this UHF side.

Also checked it with a TM-D700 mobile around town and local area to resend via the TNC gate both ways, so looks like it will serve my local purpose.

Downside is that a new crystal set for the D4-10 UHF Transceiver appears to be a little pricey, so wondered if there is any real need to QSY, since this will be a limited range setup of limited use.

Anything going on with APRS UHF and what are people doing with it?

Pat KC6VVT

Signed
Pat Ryan KC6VVT
ARRL Illinois Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator
ASEC/IL ARRL
P. O. Box 24 e-mail: kc6vvt@arrl.net
Tonica, IL 61370-0024
Monitor 146.52/446.00 FM/local repeaters
APRS KC6VVT-14 on 144.390 pl 100.3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Digipeater Operations All times are
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: 9600 APRS on UHF coming soon. :: View next topic
Jump to: