Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index Northern Illinois APRS Network
Home discussion group for NIAN

CalendarCalendar   HelpHelp   Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar
Garman 176C & Kenwood TH-7A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> APRS on the go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob wright  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Garman 176C & Kenwood TH-7A Reply with quote

I have a Garman 176c and a kenwood TH-7a and I can not get to two to talk to each other. I've setup the HT (I think) accordind to the book and set the 176 to NMEA/NMEA . but still nothing goes out. If I set the HT "no GPS" it will transmit "MY LOCATION. I really not for sure on the wiring hook up, have tried severl with no luck.

Hope you can help
Thanks
Bob
ka9vnv  
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Garmin's output with a computer - the software in the D7a has had problems with too many decimal places in lat/long reports in the past; I do not know if they were ever fixed. The original version would accept only two decimal places; I think the second version of the software accepted 3, but some GPS units send 4 or 6.

On some GPS's, you can reduce the NMEA precision for problems like this, though their menu system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> APRS on the go All times are
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: Garman 176C & Kenwood TH-7A :: View next topic
Jump to: