Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index Northern Illinois APRS Network
Home discussion group for NIAN

CalendarCalendar   HelpHelp   Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar
Interference to 144.39 in Winnetka area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> APRS Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KK9H  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Interference to 144.39 in Winnetka area Reply with quote

There is a strong, broad, continuous carrier with a slight 60 Hz hum drifting between 144.375 and 144.415 that has been on the air for the last couple weeks. It is approximately 1/2 scale on my S-meter in Northfield and I suspect that it is also blanking out some signals on the NS9RC digi.

On Saturday I traced it to the area of the intersection of Sunset Road and Hibbard Road in Winnetka. This is about 1 mile southeast of me and about 1 mile west of the NS9RC digi. I was not able to pinpoint the exact house or location of the signal, but it was full scale on my HT with only a 1 inch wire attached to the antenna connector and the attenuation feature turned on. I will try to narrow down the source more accurately if possible at a later date.

Anybody have any suggestions? I would welcome any assistance in locating the exact source of this interfering signal.

73, Don KK9H
KK9H  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Interference still there Reply with quote

The interference on 144.39 is still present and it was particularly strong tonight. With the help of KD7VDU it was tracked to a specific house, 1250 Sunset Road in Winnetka. A full scale signal on an HT with the antenna off was observed whenever near the house. Also, a full scale signal was observed on 433.170, the third harmonic. Unfortunately, the residents of that home were out so I was unable to contact them at this time. I hope to stop by to talk to them sometime soon.

Don KK9H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> APRS Operations All times are
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: Interference to 144.39 in Winnetka area :: View next topic
Jump to: