Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index Northern Illinois APRS Network
Home discussion group for NIAN

CalendarCalendar   HelpHelp   Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar
Station list out of memory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Mac/WinAPRS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kd4nko  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Station list out of memory Reply with quote

Hi,
I would like to know if there is a way to limit what stations are downloaded from the internet. When I start WinAPRS, I zoom in on my state, connect to the internet, and every station in the world starts to "download". Soon I get a message that the sation list is full. I'm not really concerned with the current location of someone in Canada or Japan, but I would like all of the stations local to my area. Any help would be greatly appreiciated.
Thank,
Bill
Robbie  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

You need to connect to a filter server port of 14580 with a filter string set to something like m/200 which tells the server to only allow stations within 200 km of the lat/lon which you have in your station setup..

In WinAPRS, after you connect to a server, I beleive you then send a message over the aprs-is server address to SERVER and then the text of the message "filter m/200", without the quotes..

It has been a while since I ran WinAPRS, but I know I did have it working that way, just not absolutly certain of how to send only to the server and not over the RF. Over the RF will not do it for you..

Good luck,

Robbie, wa9inf

Signed
Robbie, wa9inf
ka9vnv  
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also increase the buffer sizes in WinAPRS; check the documentation for "memory.txt", I believe, which sets the max stations value, amongst other things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northern Illinois APRS Network Forum Index -> Mac/WinAPRS All times are
Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: Station list out of memory :: View next topic
Jump to: